Building leaders for the farmworker movement
Spend the school year interning at Student Action with Farmworkers' office learning about the farmworker justice movement and gaining nonprofit leadership skills. Through mentorship and training, 5-8 interns will gain an understanding of farmworker issues and experience social justice careers, while increasing SAF’s capacity to train farmworker youth, build advocacy and organizing campaigns, increase our communications and be a strong sustainable organization.
Sept. 2018 - April 2019 | 10-15 hours per week, 24 weeks
Online applications accepted on a rolling basis through August 19th. There is a $20 application fee. To pay the fee please go to the SAF donation page and enter your application fee as a donation specifying it is for the Solidaridad internship on the donation note.
▪ Work-study can be arranged for Duke University students
▪ 3 day-long trainings with SAF’s Levante Leadership Institute participants
▪ Peer support by cohort of 5-8 participants
▪ Mentorship by SAF staff
▪ Potential academic credit
▪ Able to work 10-15 hours/week at the SAF office and provide your own transportation
▪ Demonstrate an interest and/or experience in leadership development in the farmworker justice movement
▪ SAF preferences students from farmworker families. Bilingual (Spanish/English) students are encouraged to apply but it is not a requirement
Participants must fundraise $450 to contribute to SAF's work
|Causes||Advocacy Arts & Culture Children & Youth Community Education General Service Food Insecurity, Hunger Immigrants & Refugees Legal Services Politics Poverty & Basic Needs Race & Ethnicity|
|Skills||Communications Computer Troubleshooting Event Planning Fundraising Health Care Help w/People Learning/Education Mentoring Social Media Website Design Website Development Writing|